Challen Acoustic Piano Pre-Owned
- 1804 Business established by Thomas Butcher.
- 1816 William Challen entered the firm.
- 1830 Challen took over the company. The name was changed to Challen Pianos, Omega Works, Hermitage Road, Finsbury Park, London.
- 1930s Challen also supplied the BBC with pianos.
- 1935 The World's Largest ever piano at 11 foot 8 inches long, was made by Challen, it is is billed as the "Largest Grand Piano in the World" and weighs 2000 lbs.
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert for 5ft Grand Piano in Sycamore for R.M.S. "Queen Elizabeth". Manufacturers of Upright and Grand Pianos, specialising in the Production of the latter for Domestic, concert and Broadcasting use. (Music and Radio Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, stand No. C.1503) 
- 1996 Musical Products Sdn. Bbd. of Malaysia started building pianos with the Challen name.